- Take your friend’s actions seriously.
- Talk to an adult you trust. Don’t be alone in helping your friend.
- Convince your friend to call the Crisis Line and talk to someone: Crisis Line Number: 214.828.1000 / National Hotline: 800.273.TALK
- Support your child (listen, do not criticize, remain connected)
- Get your child immediate help (find a mental health or medical professional)
- Become informed (Internet, local support group, library)
- Convince your child to call the Crisis Line
Never leave someone alone if they are threatening suicide. Call 911 or take the person to an emergency room or walk-in clinic at a hospital.